- Researchers from New York’s NYU Langone School of Medicine said in an interview that people are aware that they died, and might be able to hear a doctor announcing their death.
- Beloved Mexican-American singer Selena Quintanilla will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame more than 20 years after her death.
- A federal appeals court in Washington ruled Friday to temporarily block a pregnant teenager who entered the United States illegally from have the abortion she is seeking.
- Democratic Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson, in the midst of a public feud with the Trump administration over the treatment of a Gold Star family, said the “White House itself is full of white supremacists.”
- The Mexican government has fired the top electoral-crimes prosecutor for revealing an investigation that opponents say indicates possible corrupt financing for the ruling party.
- Wildfires that raced through California neighborhoods and wilderness areas since Oct. 8 have taken an enormous toll in deaths and destruction.
- A state representative from Georgia reportedly proposed the idea of placing a quarantine on patients with HIV, the disease that causes AIDS.
- The brother of an Argentine protester whose disappearance prompted large demonstrations says the family believes a body found this week is Santiago Maldonado.
- Michigan authorities have reopened a portion of Interstate 75 after gathering more evidence, two days after a rock thrown from a highway overpass smashed a windshield and killed a man.
- Notes, tidbits and stats for Saturdays game between the Wisconsin Badgers and Maryland Terrapins
(AP) – A Washington appeals court is blocking for now an abortion sought by a 17-year-old being held in a Texas facility for unaccompanied immigrant children. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled Friday that the government should have until the evening of Oct. 31 to release the teenager to an […]
(AP) – A spokesman for Poland’s national police says investigators don’t yet know why a man attacked shoppers at a mall with a knife, killing one person and wounding seven others. Police spokesman Mariusz Ciarka said the 27-year-old Polish man wasn’t drunk when he attacked people at the VIVO! mall in his hometown in southern […]