- A San Francisco couple’s stolen car was recovered last week with Lyft stickers and 11,000 additional miles racked up, The San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday.
- The GOP-led Ohio state Senate on Wednesday passed a ban on abortions based on a diagnosis of Down syndrome, and Republican Gov. John Kasich has sent signals that he will soon sign the measure into law.
- Tanzania\'s government is urging the United Nations to conduct an independent investigation into the killings of 15 Tanzanian peacekeepers last week in eastern Congo.
- A California woman who cashed nearly $300,000 worth of her dead mother\'s Social Security checks for 24 years, financing her own car payments, airline tickets and hotel stays along the way, was sentenced Tuesday to 13 months in prison.
- The question of whether federal agents display racial bias by staging phony drug stash-house stings overwhelmingly in black neighborhoods is the focus of hearings beginning Thursday in Chicago and could determine whether agencies curtail or even abandon their use nationwide.
- A Kosovo court has acquitted a Turkish man of terror charges and will not extradite him to Turkey.
- Thousands of Romanians have paid their respects to the late King Michael I whose coffin is lying in state at the Royal Palace before his funeral this weekend.
- Even as a handful of major U.S. cities around the country have flourished in the 10 years since the Great Recession officially began in December 2007, other large cities have eked out only modest recoveries.
- The Latest on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the fallout from the U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel (all times local): 2 p.m. Turkey\'s top diplomat says it plans to open an embassy in east Jerusalem once the world recognizes an independent Palestinian state.
- The Argentinian submarine that vanished last month was being chased by a British helicopter and Chilean ship shortly before disappearing, one of the doomed vessel\'s sailors told his sister in a \"strange\" message that was one of the last sent from the sub.
(AP) – The new head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security says she hopes construction on a border wall will begin soon. Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen made the remarks Wednesday while standing in front of the existing border fence north of the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas. She said she didn’t know when the government could […]
(AP) — Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky who defiantly denied allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, died in an apparent suicide, the county coroner said.Bullitt County Coroner Dave Billings said Johnson died of a single gunshot wound Wednesday night on Greenwell Ford Road in […]
(AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping told his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in on Thursday that Beijing wants to improve ties that have nosedived over China’s objections to the deployment of an American anti-missile system. Welcoming Moon at the Great Hall of the People in the heart of Beijing, Xi said relations had suffered setbacks […]