- The Secret Service apprehended a driver Friday afternoon after she plowed her vehicle into a security barricade at a White House entrance.
- Tourists leaving Las Vegas can now dispose of their leftover, legally purchased marijuana at specially designated bins outside the McCarran International Airport.
- A guard at a privately run immigration jail beat a detainee because the man joined a hunger strike protesting conditions at the facility, the Washington state chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union said in a federal lawsuit Friday.
- A California couple charged with torturing their children by starving, beating and shackling them is due in court on Friday.
- Who\'s to blame?
- The White House has received a memo from Defense Secretary Jim Mattis making recommendations for dealing with transgender individuals serving in the military.
- Tennessee authorities say a deputy responding to a domestic disturbance call has fatally shot a man.
- In the Jan. 5 tip received by the FBI on Nikolas Cruz, a female caller claimed that the 19-year-old school shooter was “so outraged” and she feared he would “get into a school and just shoot the place up,” according to call transcripts viewed by The Wall Street Journal.
- Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine C. Duke announced Friday her retirement for this coming spring.
- So, a guy walks into a bar –and in this case, stumbles upon not just any bar—an historic western saloon on the old frontier with original artifacts displayed throughout.
Dozens are under arrest following an immigration sting. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents say they arrested more than 140 people this month in San Antonio, Austin, the Rio Grande Valley, Laredo and Waco. The sting was handled over several days ending on February 16th. More than half of the illegal immigrants arrested have prior […]
(AP) – The insurance company Chubb Ltd. is discontinuing its partnership with the NRA which offered a policy tailored specifically to gun owners. The policy provided coverage for people involved in a gun-related incident or accident. The company announced that it would end participation in the Carry Guard insurance program Friday, along with a handful […]
(AP) – New satellite imagery of Myanmar’s Rakhine state shows the country’s government is using bulldozers to completely flatten dozens of Rohingya Muslim villages that were burned during violence last year. Human rights groups say authorities are destroying “crime scenes” that contain evidence of atrocities committed by the nation’s security forces, who are accused of […]