- French President Emmanuel Macron says he shared the outrage of many African countries in response to President Donald Trump\'s disparaging comments about the continent.
- The United Nations and its partners have appealed for nearly $3 billion in aid to Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition is at war with Iran-allied rebels known as Houthis.
- Spain\'s maritime rescue service says two migrants have died after their boat sank while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea to European shores.
- Want to know more about Amazon Echo, the HP laptop battery recall, ransomware, web printing and switching to Android? Then read this column.
- The Philippines says it won\'t get embroiled in a fresh spat between the U.S. and China involving Beijing\'s protest of an American warship passing near a Chinese-controlled shoal also claimed by the Philippines.
- A Turkish media report says Turkish troops conducting military operations in Turkey\'s southeast have been hit by an avalanche.
- An island volcano in Papua New Guinea erupted again Sunday, sending plumes of steam and ash into the air.
- Police in Congo have fired tear gas at demonstrators who marched after church services Sunday around the country to call for President Joseph Kabila to step down from power.
- Sunday marks the 50th anniversary of the start of one of the most significant battles of the Vietnam War – the Battle of Khe Sanh.
- Police in Pakistan say gunmen have shot and killed a former police officer who was fired over the 2011 killing of five Chechen women in the southwestern city of Quetta.
There will need to be a runoff election to determine the winner of the special election for the District 1 seat on the McAllen City Commission. Attorney Javier Villalobos and tax consultant Tim Wilkins will face off in the upcoming runoff – a date for which will be determined later. Villalobos finished first with 505 […]
(AP) – The Justice Department has turned over to Congress additional text messages involving an FBI agent who was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigative team. But the department says the FBI, for technical reasons, was unable to preserve roughly five months’ worth of texts between the agent and an FBI lawyer who’d also […]
(AP) – A woman who was one of the few Italian children to survive deportation to a Nazi death camp has been made a senator-for-life in Italy. President Sergio Mattarella’s office said Friday that he chose Liliana Segre for the honor because she had made the nation proud with her social commitment. For decades, Segre, […]