- The New York Times reported that as recent as last week, these ads were found on sites like PolitiFact and Snopes.
- Scientists say an \"alarming\" drop in the number of flying insects in Germany could have serious consequences for ecosystems and food chains.
- Political content on the internet, paid or not, should face substantial federal regulation to eliminate undefined \"disinformation,\" and users of platforms and news feeds, from Facebook, to Twitter, to the Drudge Report and even New York Times, could be punished for sharing \"fake news\" from those sites, the former Democratic chair of the FEC is urging.
- A Georgia teacher surrounded by controversy over students wearing \"Make America Great Again\" T-shirts has given her resignation to school officials.
- U.K. authorities are investigating allegations that British banks inadvertently acted as conduits for money laundering linked to corruption in South Africa.
- The Latest on the Syrian conflict (all times local): 3 p.m.
- SUVs are saving the spare tire, but for how long?
- Alice Legall, 46, stands accused of swindling nearly half a million dollars from an elderly patron who considered her a friend.
- An accused cop killer\'s jury selection in New Orleans came to a screeching -- and smelly -- halt Wednesday after the man began rubbing feces on his face.
- A sweeping multistate manhunt that kept the Mid-Atlantic region on high alert for more than 10 hours ended when law enforcement officers on foot chased down a man they say shot six people, killing three, in two separate shootings.
More trouble for former Brownsville fire chief Carlos Elizondo. A Cameron County grand jury Wednesday indicted Elizondo on charges of theft and misapplication of fiduciary property. And in response to the indictment, the city suspended Elizondo without pay. The indictment came a day after Elizondo was arrested. It accuses Elizondo of improperly withdrawing thousands of […]
(AP) – Senate Republicans seem to be on cruise control to pass a $4 trillion budget plan that shelves GOP deficit concerns in favor of the party’s drive to cut taxes. The nonbinding budget plan would set the stage for tax legislation later this year that could pass through the Senate without fear of a […]
(AP) – The Middle East may have turned a page with the defeat of the Islamic State group in its self-declared capital of Raqqa, but the future is looking even more tangled, and potentially as violent. The downfall of a common enemy could open up cracks in temporary alliances created to fight the extremists, and […]