- Florida police say they had to assist a trapper Thursday after a 9-foot alligator was spotted taking a dip in an Odessa homeowners’ pool.
- Great-grandmother was sitting alone in her front room.
- A New Jersey police officer seen on video punching a man in the head 12 times during an attempted arrest won\'t face charges.
- In the blockbuster film \"Black Panther,\" the kingdom of Wakanda is a wonderland of fantastic, futuristic technology. There are self-piloting aircraft; cars and planes that can be remotely operated through virtual reality (VR) interfaces; high-definition holographic displays; and magnetic levitation train systems.
- Former NBA star Scottie Pippen had $50,000 worth of equipment -- including two tractors -- stolen from his family farm in Arkansas, police said Thursday.
- Prosecutors have charged a 54-year-old suburban Houston man with four counts of solicitation of capital murder for trying to hire a hit man to kill his ex-girlfriend, her parents and her current boyfriend.
- Ringleader in $23M insurance fraud lived 'lavish lifestyle' with Bentley, $64G watch and oceanfront homeThe ringleader of a massive $23 million auto insurance fraud drove around in a flashy Bentley, sported a $64,000 rose gold Juan Pablo Montoya watch and lived in a $7,500-a-month oceanfront South Florida home -- despite warnings from federal officials that they were on to him, prosecutors said.
- A new study shows that mankind has killed off large mammals at an exceptionally fast rate, a trend that appears to be speeding up over time.
- The professor who came under fire for celebrating the death of former first lady Barbara Bush has caused another college’s mental health crisis hotline to become flooded with calls after she posted the number online as her own.
- The second-tallest television tower in the Czech Republic has a new function: it\'s become part of a huge sundial.
Rio Grande Valley citrus growers are getting some financial help in battling the vicious greening disease. More than 120-million dollars was included in the recently-passed congressional spending bill – 65 million of which will target the Asian citrus psyllid which transmits the tree killing disease. 59 million dollars will go toward fruit fly exclusion and […]
(AP) – Wells Fargo is being fined a combined $1 billion by two federal regulators for abuses tied to its mortgage and auto lending businesses. The bank will pay $500 million to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, its main bank regulator, as well as $500 million to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. […]
(AP) – Gaza’s Health Ministry says a Palestinian youth participating in protests on Gaza’s border with Israel has been shot in the head and is in critical condition. Since weekly mass marches began in late March, 28 Palestinians have been killed and hundreds wounded by Israeli army fire from across the border fence. On Friday, […]