- The Florida school where a gunman last week opened fire, killing 17 students and teachers, is set to reopen in phases starting on Friday, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School said in a statement.
- The car Joshua Thiede was last seen driving in last week was discovered Monday in Los Angeles, as authorities continue to search for the 29-year-old Uber and Lyft driver.
- McSteamy is back on the market.
- The head of the European Union\'s border agency says the number of migrants trying to reach Europe through the Mediterranean will remain high this year, with more expected to arrive through Spain.
- A prosecutor is asking that the suspect in the fatal shooting of two Ohio police officers be held without bail or bond as the potential death penalty case proceeds.
- Members of Germany\'s center-left Social Democratic Party have started voting on whether to accept the coalition agreement negotiated by their leaders with Chancellor Angela Merkel\'s conservative bloc on forming a new government.
- Though slightly lopsided, the towering, Great Pyramid of Giza is an ancient feat of engineering, and now an archaeologist has figured out how the Egyptians may have aligned the monument almost perfectly along the cardinal points, north-south-east-west — they may have used the fall equinox.
- A Bangladeshi official says Myanmar has agreed to resettle more than 6,000 Rohingya Muslims who have been stranded in a no man\'s land between the two countries, as plans for the repatriation of hundreds of thousands of others have been delayed over concerns for their safety if they return to Myanmar.
- Authorities say two workers with a French aid group have been killed by armed gunmen in a village in eastern Congo while a third has been taken hostage.
- Using sophisticated laser surveying technology, archaeologists have discovered a “lost city” in western Mexico that may have been home to as many buildings as Manhattan.
Criminal charges have been filed in connection with a truck-motorcycle collision that killed a Sullivan City man last month. 27-year-old Mario Anthony Medrano has been charged with negligent homicide. Police in Mission say Medrano, who was driving a box truck, pulled out of a driveway onto Shary Road but failed to yield to traffic as […]
(AP) – The law firm where a lawyer charged by special counsel Robert Mueller used to work says it fired him last year and has been cooperating with authorities. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP issued a statement Tuesday after news broke that Alex van der Zwaan had been charged with lying to investigators. […]
(AP) – Mexican marines have captured an alleged top boss of the Gulf drug cartel in the northern border state of Tamaulipas. A statement from the Mexican navy says the suspect it identifies only as Jose Alfredo, with no last name, was arrested in the city of Matamoros. It describes him as the “presumed leader […]