- Researchers from New York’s NYU Langone School of Medicine said in an interview that people are aware that they died, and might be able to hear a doctor announcing their death.
- After taking flak for their cups in years\' past, Starbucks might be going all-out.
- A pair of locker keys that belonged to the last surviving member of Titanic’s crew will be auctioned in the U.K. on Saturday.
- The European Union is studying whether and how to cut pre-membership funds to Turkey over alleged human rights abuses and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan\'s hostile rhetoric about Europe.
- The last car has been built in Australia.
- Police say a Pennsylvania man choked a woman because she changed her iPad\'s passcode.
- A dead pelican has been found in Alabama with black electrical tape wrapped around its beak and a rope wrapped around one wing and its feet.
- Pope Francis has sent a letter of condolences to Malta following the car bomb slaying of investigative journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia.
- Romanian border police have taken into custody 28 migrants who are suspected of trying to cross into Hungary illegally.
- Austria\'s president has formally tasked conservative leader Sebastian Kurz with forming a new government after his party finished first in last weekend\'s election.
(AP) – A federal appeals court in Washington is wrestling with whether the government should be required to allow a pregnant 17-year-old being held in a Texas facility for unaccompanied immigrant children obtain an abortion. A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia heard arguments in the case Friday […]
(AP) – Nearly 200 people across the Northeast reported seeing a bright object streak across the sky. The American Meteor Society says the flash of light that was spotted on Wednesday afternoon in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maryland and Delaware was a very bright meteor. The sighting comes […]
(AP) – A spokesman for Poland’s national police says investigators don’t yet know why a man attacked shoppers at a mall with a knife, killing one person and wounding seven others. Police spokesman Mariusz Ciarka said the 27-year-old Polish man wasn’t drunk when he attacked people at the VIVO! mall in his hometown in southern […]