- Filipino military officials say two Vietnamese fishermen were killed and five others were taken into custody after they were spotted fishing off the northwestern Philippines and a night chase ensued with a Vietnamese boat hitting a Philippine navy ship and gunshots being fired.
- The Vatican is denouncing its ousted auditor general for revealing that he resigned under threat of arrest for what he says were trumped-up charges.
- President Trump on Sunday extended his attack on NFL players who kneel during the national anthem, and suggested fans boycott games as he continued his call for team owners to “fire or suspend” the offenders.
- A group of men sprayed a \"noxious substance\" at shoppers in London Saturday night, injuring at least six people, police said.
- Q: Every time I hold my phone up to my head, I wonder if it’s giving me cancer.
- Pakistan says Indian troops have fired across the Line of Control in the disputed Kashmir region, killing a young girl and wounding two other people.
- \"For the sake of the sacrifices and blood of the martyrs, let\'s all say yes for Kurdistan independence,\" reads a large billboard in the center of Kalak, a small town in Iraq\'s northern Kurdish region.
- Iran\'s powerful Revolutionary Guard has begun a military exercise in the northwestern Kurdish region near the Iraqi border ahead of a Kurdish independence referendum in the neighboring country.
- Thousands of Catalan separatists are rallying in public squares in Barcelona and other towns in support of a disputed referendum on independence of the northeastern region from Spain.
- Turkey\'s top diplomat has visited two Turks imprisoned in the United States for their alleged involvement in an infamous brawl that has raised tensions between the two countries.
The Zika virus, and several other mosquito-carried viruses, are not going away, and you need to know how to protect yourself. That’s the message for Saturday’s Zika Action Day – a day-long event aimed at educating people in the Valley about ways to keep from getting bit by a mosquito. In Hidalgo County, the event […]
(AP) – The Latest on President Donald Trump’s campaign trip to Alabama (all times local): 8:25 p.m. President Donald Trump is lashing out at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during a rally speech in Alabama. Trump says during a rally for Sen. Luther Strange that “We can’t have madmen out there shooting rockets all […]
(AP) – The Latest on earthquakes in Mexico (all times local): 8:15 p.m. The U.S. Geological Survey says the new earthquake to strike Mexico had a magnitude of 6.2 and was centered in the southern state of Oaxaca. That’s the region most shaken by a magnitude 8.1 quake that hit on Sept. It also swayed […]