- Vice President Pence told Israel\'s Knesset on Monday that the U.S. Embassy will move to Jerusalem and open next year.
- Angola\'s former vice president has failed to appear at a Portuguese court where he was scheduled to stand trial for corruption.
- In an era of power tennis, Hsieh Su-wei plays a very different game full of two-handed drop shots, artful lobs and deceptively spinning slices.
- The European Union has imposed sanctions on seven senior Venezuelan officials accused of human rights abuses or breaching the rule of law in the country.
- Syrian civilians near the war-torn country\'s capital were attacked Monday with suspected poisonous gas — believed to have been launched by the Syrian government, activists and rescue teams said.
- Yemen was already the poorest country in the Arab world before a Saudi-led coalition went to war with Iran-allied rebels in March 2015 in a failed bid to drive them from the capital and much of the country\'s north.
- Princess Eugenie is engaged to be married later this year, several months after her cousin Prince Harry takes a bride.
- The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees has launched what it is calling an \"unprecedented\" fund-raising appeal seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in response to funding cuts by the Trump administration.
- French President Emmanuel Macron is hosting 140 world business leaders in a bid to convince them to invest and hire in France.
- The State Department announced a new $600,000 taxpayer-funded study that suggests \"ideals of masculinity\" in Kenya are contributing to terrorism.
A plea agreement reportedly has been struck between prosecutors and the second suspect in the 3-year-old murder of an elderly McAllen man. 40-year-old Angel Mario Garza is accused of suffocating 96-year-old Martin Knell in his North McAllen home in January 2015 – under orders from Monica Melissa Patterson. Patterson was convicted of capital murder 2-and-a-half […]
(AP) – A Michigan doctor who came to the U.S. from Poland as a young child has been jailed after being taken from his home by immigration agents. WOOD-TV and MLive.com report Lukasz Niec was arrested last Tuesday and is being detained at a county jail. The 43-year-old legal U.S. resident works at a Kalamazoo […]
(AP) – British prosecutors have described the suspect in the June attack near London’s Finsbury Park Mosque as a “ticking time bomb” who became convinced that all Muslims were extremists or rapists in pedophile gangs after watching a television show on child exploitation in north-central England. The allegations came during the trial Monday of 48-year-old […]