- An ex-marketing executive from Argentina is due back on the witness stand for a fourth day in the U.S. corruption case against three former South American soccer officials.
- A 101-year-old man who told his wife to flee Northern California\'s deadly wildfires without him is the latest victim of last month\'s blazes to be identified.
- Buzzy Cohen won the “Jeopardy!” Tournament of Champions presented by Consumer Cellular Friday.
- A strong earthquake has shaken China\'s Tibet region but there\'s no immediate word on damage or casualties.
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said Friday that she will vote for beleaguered GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore in next month\'s special election in the hope of preserving Republican control of Congress.
- A man who acknowledges killing a woman nearly 40 years ago said he needed to plot and carry out his escape from a Hawaii psychiatric hospital to prove that he could behave properly out in the community.
- Photos of the mess are trending on social media.
- Cavaliers starting point guard Derrick Rose will miss at least the next two weeks with a nagging left ankle injury.
- The Latest on the escape of a man from a psychiatric hospital in Hawaii and his capture in California (all times local): 12:40 p.m.
- She started in go-karts when she was 10, and was a national champion two years later.
For a second straight month, the Valley has seen a significant decline in the unemployment rate. The jobless rate in October fell almost a full point in the Brownsville-Harlingen area to 5-and-a-half percent. It dropped a little more than a point in the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metro area to 5-point-7 percent. Statewide, unemployment last month fell to […]
(AP) – The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he’s been seeking outpatient care for two years for Parkinson’s disease and plans to “dedicate” himself to physical therapy. In a Friday letter to supporters, the 76-year-old says family and friends noticed a change in him about three years ago and he could no longer ignore symptoms. He […]
(AP) – Italian media say Mafia ‘boss of bosses’ Salvatore ‘Toto’ Riina has died while serving multiple life sentences. He was 87. The justice ministry on Thursday had allowed his family a bedside visit at a hospital in Parma shortly before his death. The reports said he died Friday morning but the government had no […]