- A 9-year-old boy died after he was crushed by a motorized room partition at an elementary school outside the nation\'s capital on Friday, officials said.
- Pope Francis announced on Sunday he has chosen 14 men to be the newest cardinals in the church, among them his chief aide for helping Rome\'s homeless and poor, as well as prelates based in Iraq and Pakistan, where Christians are a vulnerable minority.
- Malaysia\'s national news agency is reporting that former Prime Minister Najib Razak, who is under investigation for a massive corruption scandal, has sought police protection over concern about his family\'s safety.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are starting their life as a married couple after a night of celebrating their royal wedding with friends and family.
- Terry Crews brought the crowd to tears when he was honored at Safe Horizon’s Champion Awards by remembering his childhood with his abusive father.
- A Palestinian official says President Mahmoud Abbas has been hospitalized with fever.
- Court records from the arrests of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and others at the dawn of the modern civil rights era are being preserved after being discovered in an Alabama courthouse.
- Millions graduate from colleges and universities across America in the months of May and June, and most of these graduates are under 25 years of age.
- Pope Francis says \"gestures of dialogue and reconciliation\" are needed for the Holy Land and all the Middle East.
- Meghan Markle remembered the late Princess Diana on Saturday with her “something blue” on her wedding day.
(Donna, TX) — The Donna school district says a principal and a curriculum specialist are on administrative leave. Yesterday’s announcement does not identify the two staffers nor does it provide the cause of the suspensions. The announcement only says the staffers are on paid leave while the district looks into questions raised by management into […]
(AP) – Court records from the arrests of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and others at the dawn of the modern civil rights era are being preserved after being discovered in an Alabama courthouse. Archivists at historically black Alabama State University are cataloguing and flattening dozens of documents found at the Montgomery County Courthouse. […]
(AP) – A Boeing 737 operated by state airline Cubana crashed on takeoff from Jose Marti International Airport in Havana on Friday with 104 passengers and nine crew aboard, coming to rest in a farm field where firefighters sprayed the charred fuselage with hoses. There was no immediate word on casualties. Officials said the plane […]