- The House Intelligence Committee on Saturday released a long-awaited Democratic rebuttal to a GOP memo that outlined alleged government surveillance abuses during the 2016 presidential campaign -- a rebuttal that came with heavy redactions.
- The House Intelligence Committee released Saturday the long-anticipated Democratic rebuttal which attempts to dismantle claims made in a GOP memo alleging the government used improper surveillance tactics during the 2016 presidential campaign.
- President Trump on Saturday dismissed a Democratic rebuttal to a GOP memo outlining government surveillance abuses in the 2016 campaign as a “total political and legal bust,\" claiming that it only confirms that ”terrible things” were done by the nation’s intelligence agencies.
- A Texas high school teacher has reportedly been placed on administrative leave after allegedly recording a fight between two students instead of intervening.
- Former Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Steele on Saturday challenged CPAC organizer Matt Schlapp over a group spokesman’s suggestion that Steele was appointed to lead the RNC only because he is black and about Schlapp’s response to the comment.
- Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, has been leading the charge against the GOP memo, calling it a \"political hit job\" on the FBI.
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously approved a 30-day cease fire in Syria so that it could deliver humanitarian aid and evacuate the critically ill and wounded.
- The White House and the top Democrat on the House Intelligence committee sparred Saturday over the release of the memo by Democrats regarding the alleged surveillance abuses in the Russia investigation.
- Comparisons between Ivanka Trump, Kim Jong Un’s sister are sickening – Media can’t decide which way to leanIvanka Trump is in South Korea for the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympic Games and, inevitably, she is being compared to North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, who attended the opening ceremonies.
- The White House is reviewing a memo written by Democratic lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee regarding the Russia investigation to determine whether to make it public.
Dozens are under arrest following an immigration sting. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents say they arrested more than 140 people this month in San Antonio, Austin, the Rio Grande Valley, Laredo and Waco. The sting was handled over several days ending on February 16th. More than half of the illegal immigrants arrested have prior […]
(AP) – The Latest on the deadly Florida school shooting (all times local): 5:20 p.m. A woman close to the teen charged with killing 17 people at a Florida high school warned the FBI he had rifles and said, “I know he is going to explode.” That’s according to a transcript of the Jan. 5 […]
(AP) – Three female Nobel Peace laureates began a weeklong trip to Bangladesh on Saturday to meet Rohingya Muslim women who were tortured and raped by soldiers in Myanmar before fleeing the country. During their visit, Iran’s Shirin Ebadi, Yemen’s Tawakkol Karman and Northern Ireland’s Mairead Maguire will assess the violence against the Rohingya women […]