- Several dozen tradition-minded Roman Catholic theologians, priests and academics have formally accused Pope Francis of spreading heresy with his 2016 opening to divorced and civilly remarried Catholics.
- Charles Bradley, known as the \"Screaming Eagle of Soul\" for a powerful, raspy style that evoked one of his musical heroes, James Brown, died Saturday at age 68.
- A humanitarian crisis grew Saturday in Puerto Rico as towns were left without fresh water, fuel, power or phone service following Hurricane Maria\'s devastating passage across the island.
- Police say a group of men sprayed a \"noxious substance\" at shoppers in London Saturday night, causing as many as six injuries.
- U.S. first lady Melania Trump met Saturday with Britain\'s Prince Harry as she led a delegation to Toronto for the opening of an Olympic-style competition for wounded service members and veterans that he founded several years ago.
- The Latest on plans for a \"Free Speech Week\" at the University of California, Berkeley (all times local): 1:20 p.m. Right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos says he plans to hold a rally at the University of California, Berkeley after a student group who planned a week of events with him pulled out.
- North Korea\'s foreign minister called U.S. President Donald Trump \"a mentally deranged person full of megalomania\" and promised a strike on the American mainland was \"inevitable\" in a blistering speech to the United Nations General Assembly Saturday.
- The Iran nuclear deal isn’t worth the paper that it’s printed on. Does that mean it should be scrapped? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Here’s why.
- The help-seeking voicemails from a nursing home where 11 people died during Hurricane Irma have been deleted from Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s cell phone, according to a report.
- The actor has taken Italian citizenship as a \"sensible\" move amid global political uncertainty.
The Zika virus, and several other mosquito-carried viruses, are not going away, and you need to know how to protect yourself. That’s the message for Saturday’s Zika Action Day – a day-long event aimed at educating people in the Valley about ways to keep from getting bit by a mosquito. In Hidalgo County, the event […]
(AP) – The Latest on President Donald Trump’s campaign trip to Alabama (all times local): 8:25 p.m. President Donald Trump is lashing out at North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during a rally speech in Alabama. Trump says during a rally for Sen. Luther Strange that “We can’t have madmen out there shooting rockets all […]
(AP) – The Latest on earthquakes in Mexico (all times local): 8:15 p.m. The U.S. Geological Survey says the new earthquake to strike Mexico had a magnitude of 6.2 and was centered in the southern state of Oaxaca. That’s the region most shaken by a magnitude 8.1 quake that hit on Sept. It also swayed […]