- Actor Steve Reevis, known for his roles in “Fargo” and “Last of the Dogmen,” has died.
- Police are responding reports of an explosion near New York City’s Port Authority during Monday morning’s rush hour.
- Southern California\'s largest and most destructive wildfire burning in the region exploded in size on Sunday into new areas, as the whip-whipped flames forced thousands of more residents to flee their homes.
- Hundreds of people have attended a commemoration ceremony honoring a Croatian general who died after apparently taking poison at a United Nations tribunal that confirmed his war crimes conviction.
- Have they or haven\'t they gone under the knife?
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday ordered his country\'s forces to begin withdrawing from Syria, saying the country\'s two-year campaign to destroy ISIS is complete.
- Three people have been arrested for allegedly throwing firebombs at a synagogue in the Swedish city of Goteborg, the second anti-Jewish attack in the Nordic nation in two days. Jewish groups condemned the attacks as \"unconscionable\" and demanded that authorities take action.
- China\'s auto sales were flat in November compared with a year earlier, leaving total purchases in the world\'s biggest market up an anemic 1.9 percent for the first 11 months of 2017, an industry group reported Monday.
- In many parts of the world the bicycle is the main means of transportation as people commute to work. Cycling, for many people, is a way of life, but it also has deep roots in military history throughout the world.
It wasn’t the usual heat, but the unusual cold that claimed the lives of several undocumented immigrants crossing through the treacherous South Texas brush late last week. Border Patrol agents from the Falfurrias station found the bodies of three immigrants on Brooks County ranchland. The same day, agents from the McAllen station found an immigrant […]
(AP) – President Donald Trump says a bomb blast in Manhattan highlights the need for an immigration overhaul. Trump said Monday that the U.S. “must fix its lax immigration system, which allows far too many dangerous, inadequately vetted people” into the country. The Republican president points to his controversial travel ban as an example of […]
(AP) – American climate scientist Camille Parmesan is elated at the prospect of spending the next five years doing her research in France instead of the U.S. She’s one of 18 initial winners announced Monday of a special contest launched by President Emmanuel Macron in response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s rejection of the Paris […]