- Europe\'s newest Earth-observation satellite has taken flight.
- NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y.
- The Latest on developments surrounding the killing of a Palestinian in Malaysia (all times local): 5 p.m. Israel\'s defense minister is denying that his country killed a Hamas-affiliated scientist who was gunned down last week in Malaysia.
- It was a tearful finale for \"Suits,\" which said goodbye to two of its main characters with a fairy tale wedding, seasons in the making.
- A Kosovo prosecutor has brought war crime charges against a Serb man for crimes during the 1998-99 war.
- The parents of Alfie Evans plan to meet with his doctors on Thursday to discuss bringing the terminally ill boy home.
- A Wisconsin father convicted in the death of his malnourished, dehydrated 3-year-old daughter has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- The nomination of the White House doctor to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs has suffered another blow with allegations of recklessly prescribing drugs and drunken behavior.
- German prosecutors have attributed one more murder to a former nurse accused of killing dozens of patients at two hospitals, bringing to 98 the number of slayings he is expected to face trial for later this year.
- Golden State Killer murder, rape suspect threatened to ‘deliver load of death’ to barking dog, neighbor saysA former California police officer identified Wednesday as the Golden State Killer had \"anger pouring out of him\" and once threatened to \"deliver a load of death\" to a dog because it barked too much, a neighbor said.
(AP) – A father and daughter are going to prison for leading a South Texas human smuggling ring that prosecutors say charged up to $2,600 per immigrant for transport to Houston. Records show 52-year-old Jose Luis Soto-Lopez and 27-year-old Erica Janine Soto of Brownsville were sentenced Wednesday in McAllen. He received 54 months while she […]
A jury is finding Bill Cosby guilty in his sexual assault retrial. The comedian and TV sitcom dad was accused of three counts of aggravated indecent assault in 2004. During closing arguments, Cosby’s legal team said the prosecution had presented a weak case with questionable witnesses. They claimed accuser Andrea Constand is a pathological liar. […]
(AP) – Rwandan authorities have discovered mass graves they say could contain more than 2,000 bodies nearly a quarter-century after the country’s genocide. The discovery this month is the most significant in a long time in this East African nation that is still recovering from the 1994 genocide that killed more than 800,000 people. Some […]