- Mississippi State quarterback Nick Fitzgerald suffered a severe injury to his right leg in the first quarter of the Bulldogs\' rivalry game against Ole Miss Thursday night.
- Islamist militants are suspected of orchestrating the attack on a mosque in Egypt’s volatile Sinai Peninsula on Friday, killing at least 54 people and injuring at least 75 others, Egyptian media reported.
- The head of the international chemical weapons watchdog says that Russia\'s veto of United Nations Security Council resolutions to extend the mandate of an investigation team that lays blame for chemical attacks in Syria \"creates a gap which needs to be addressed by the international community.\"
- At least five troops have been killed and four injured in eastern Ukraine in the past 24 hours in what appears to be the worst outburst of violence in months.
- Poland\'s lawmakers have approved a law that will phase out Sunday shopping by the year 2020 despite criticism that it may eliminate thousands of jobs.
- A new report finds that swaths of pregnant women are having to wait too long for treatment of deadly melanoma. The lag puts not just one, but two lives at risk.
- Egyptian security officials say militants have attacked a mosque in the volatile Sinai Peninsula, leaving dozens of casualties.
- The German soccer federation has postponed the China under-20 team\'s series of friendly games in the country because of the protests it would face.
- Interpol says 40 suspected human traffickers have been arrested and nearly 500 of their victims freed in a vast police operation in five African countries.
- Germany\'s president is inviting Chancellor Angela Merkel\'s conservative bloc and the center-left Social Democrats for joint talks on the possibility on the forming a new government.
A Weslaco-area girl who’s been missing for several days has been found – and she is safe. 13-year-old Ana Delicia Vasquez was recovered last night in Willacy County. The Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office is not yet saying much more, but the Regional Alert that had been activated has now been cancelled. Vasquez had last been […]
(AP) — Democrats have been quick to support the “me too” chorus of women — and some men — who have stepped up to allege sexual misconduct and name names. But now “me too” stains the Democrats, too, putting them in an awkward place as they calibrate how forcefully to respond. Allegations against Sen. Al […]
(AP) – Iraq and General Electric have signed a deal to develop Iraq’s power infrastructure, which would help bring much-needed electricity to areas facing significant shortages across the country. GE says in a statement released on Wednesday that the more than $400-million contract will help building 14 electric substations and supply critical equipment such as […]