- See what your favorite celebrities look like before they hit the makeup chair... and after.
- A San Francisco couple’s stolen car was recovered last week with Lyft stickers and 11,000 additional miles racked up, The San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday.
- The Philadelphia City Council voted Thursday to remove bulletproof glass from the windows of some local businesses, despite a backlash from shop owners who cited safety concerns.
- The GOP-led Ohio state Senate on Wednesday passed a ban on abortions based on a diagnosis of Down syndrome, and Republican Gov. John Kasich has sent signals that he will soon sign the measure into law.
- The Latest on California wildfires (all times local): 5:30 a.m.
- A swimmer was severely injured after being bit in the arm by a sea lion in the Bay on Thursday afternoon.
- The Ohio man accused of driving a car into a crowd of people protesting a white nationalist rally this summer in Charlottesville had his most serious charge upgraded to first-degree murder Thursday.
- Jurors found one defendant guilty of first-degree murder and two others guilty on a lesser charge of facilitation of first-degree murder in connection with the 2015 death of a Tennessee teenager who shielded friends from gunfire.
- A 27-year-old Long Island woman is facing federal charges of laundering bitcoin and other crypto currencies and wiring the money overseas to help Islamic State terrorists.
- The question of whether federal agents display racial bias by staging phony drug stash-house stings overwhelmingly in black neighborhoods is the focus of hearings beginning Thursday in Chicago and could determine whether agencies curtail or even abandon their use nationwide.
The Rio Grande Valley will have its own Census Bureau office soon. The U.S. Census Bureau says it will open a regional office in Hidalgo County aimed at ensuring a more accurate count of the Valley’s population. The announcement comes a couple of months after Valley Congressman Vicente Gonzalez wrote to the Census Bureau, asking […]
(AP) -A retired Indianapolis fertility doctor will get no jail time after pleading guilty to lying to investigators about inseminating patients with his own sperm. A Marion County judge sentenced Dr. Donald Cline on Thursday to a one-year suspended sentence. Cline had pleaded guilty to two counts of obstruction of justice. Prosecutors say the 79-year-old […]
(AP) – Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., the world’s largest generic drugmaker, says it is laying off 14,000 workers as part of a global restructuring. The company said Thursday that the layoffs represent over 25 percent of its global work force. The job cuts are to occur over the next two years, with most of them […]