- Greek authorities say three more people have been found dead from a flash flood that hit a district west of Athens, raising the total death toll to 19.
- Thousands took to the streets of Harare, Zimbabwe’s capital, on Saturday to demonstrate against President Robert Mugabe, who remained under house arrest after a military takeover of the country earlier in the week.
- The U.S. Navy announced Friday it will deploy its P-8A Poseidon maritime aircraft to assist in the search for the ARA San Juan, a missing Argentine submarine with 44 crew members aboard.
- Saudi Arabia\'s state news agency is reporting that the kingdom has summoned its ambassador to Germany for consultations following statements made by Germany\'s foreign minister in support of Lebanon.
- The House Judiciary Committee this week advanced a bipartisan bill to discourage American companies from relying too heavily on skilled workers from overseas.
- French President Emmanuel Macron\'s centrist party has chosen a new leader, as the 19-month-old movement tries to overcome divisions and solidify its position after redrawing France\'s political landscape.
- A manhunt was underway in western Pennsylvania early Saturday for a suspect in the fatal shooting of a rookie police officer Friday night in a town outside Pittsburgh.
- A government spokesman says authorities have found the bodies of five more Pakistanis who were apparently planning to cross into Iran on their way to Europe to seek work as migrant laborers.
- A jury ruled Friday that a businesswoman must pay $5 million to singer Katy Perry and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, after a long-lasting court battle.
- For the first time, the U.S. Defense Department has disclosed data on sexual assault cases reported at each of its bases worldwide.
For a second straight month, the Valley has seen a significant decline in the unemployment rate. The jobless rate in October fell almost a full point in the Brownsville-Harlingen area to 5-and-a-half percent. It dropped a little more than a point in the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metro area to 5-point-7 percent. Statewide, unemployment last month fell to […]
(AP) – An intense search is underway in western Pennsylvania for a suspect in the fatal shooting of a police officer. The shooting happened shortly after 8 p.m. Friday in New Kensington, about 18 miles (29 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh. Authorities say Officer Brian Shaw was shot after a traffic stop led to him chasing […]
(AP) – Italian media say Mafia ‘boss of bosses’ Salvatore ‘Toto’ Riina has died while serving multiple life sentences. He was 87. The justice ministry on Thursday had allowed his family a bedside visit at a hospital in Parma shortly before his death. The reports said he died Friday morning but the government had no […]