- Officials say a firefighter who died while helping people evacuate a Northern California blaze was killed by a fire tornado that at one point reached a temperature of 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit (1,480 centigrade).
- Some hikers in Oregon recently found 19 dead elk, which state Fish and Wildlife officials say were likely the victims of an avalanche.
- The Defense Department says the Veterans Day military parade ordered up by President Donald Trump won\'t happen in 2018.
- A plane from China skidded off a runway at Manila\'s airport while landing in a downpour near midnight then got stuck in a muddy field with one engine and wheel ripped off before its 157 passengers and eight crew scrambled out through an emergency slide, officials said Friday.
- The Taliban is likely to keep up its recent surge of violence in advance of scheduled parliamentary elections in October but Western-backed Afghan defenses will not break, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Thursday.
- Authorities in Iowa said Thursday that they believe they have recovered the remains of a 16-year-old autistic boy who was last seen in April.
- Two women accused in the brazen assassination of the North Korean leader\'s half brother were told Thursday to make their defense after a Malaysian judge found evidence they participated in a \"well-planned conspiracy\" to kill, extending their murder trial until next year.
- A Georgia police chief is defending his officers’ decision to use a stun gun to subdue an 87-year-old woman who, he said, disobeyed their commands to drop a knife.
- The Defense Department said Thursday that the Veterans Day military parade ordered up by President Donald Trump won\'t happen in 2018.
- Florida police offered a possible reward to the public on Tuesday in hopes of finding a suspect caught on camera allegedly stealing someone’s dog from their own home.
A Brownsville man is maintaining his innocence after being indicted on a charge of murder stemming from a punch to the face of another man. 37-year-old Jesus Genaro Salas pleaded not guilty to the charge this week – a month after a Cameron County grand jury handed up the murder indictment. Salas is accused of […]
Electric car maker Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk has admitted in a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times that stress is taking a heavy toll in what he calls an “excruciating year.” In the newspaper’s account of the interview, published Friday, Musk said he was working up to 120 hours a week and sometimes takes […]
(AP) – U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says the Taliban’s deadly assault on the Afghan city of Ghazni is the kind of violence the insurgents are likely to repeat in the run up to parliamentary elections scheduled for October. In his most detailed comments on Ghazni since the assault was launched Aug. 10, Mattis said […]