- Generations have associated a common poppy flower as a representation of our fallen bravest.
- President Trump\'s attorney Rudy Giuliani said Sunday again that the president is eager for Robert Mueller to conclude the Russia investigation and that Trump firing Mueller before he ends the probe would be “foolish.”
- A group of parents who have occupied part of the Polish parliament with their disabled children are abandoning their protest of state assistance payments after more than a month.
- Three police officers in Wisconsin were treated after they were exposed to suspected fentanyl in two separate incidents on Friday, officials said.
- Florida woman rescued after slipping note to veterinarian saying boyfriend was holding her captive, cops sayA Florida woman was rescued Friday after she slipped a note to a veterinarian saying she needed help because her armed boyfriend was beating and threatening her, police said.
- Egyptian security officials say a prominent activist has been detained, the latest in a new wave of arrests since presidential elections earlier this year.
- The assembly of northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province has approved a bill to merge the tribal region along the Afghan border with its territory, paving the way to granting equal rights to about 5 million people in the restive area.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Austrian police say they have arrested 24 suspects in an investigation of a Serbia-based drug ring that allegedly rented houses in and around Vienna to grow marijuana.
- Two Purple Hearts and other medals awarded to a Marine killed in Vietnam were posthumously presented to the fallen hero at a ceremony Saturday in Pennsylvania.
(Palm Valley, TX) — The Palm Valley Chief of Police is back on the job after city officials voted to reinstate him following an internal investigation. The case stems from a complaint brought against Chief Alvaro García in early May accusing him of playing favorites with his staffers. He was placed on administrative leave while […]
(AP) – A Southern California woman’s recent injury by a baseball bat has renewed attention to fan safety at games. The Sun of San Bernardino reports Saturday that 27-year-old Cloey Heckendorn was hit in the head during the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes’ game on Mother’s Day. The Chino Hills resident was looking at her phone from […]
(AP) – The Latest on the Irish abortion referendum (all times local): 2:10 p.m. The first official results for Ireland’s landmark abortion referendum have begun to come in, indicating a landslide win for abortion rights campaigners is likely in diverse constituencies across the country. The first to declare was Galway East, a traditionally conservative constituency […]