- Human Rights Watch on Sunday called on Iraq\'s government to declare the number of detention facilities it maintains and not to hold suspects without informing their families.
- Paul McDonald, senior executive director at the staffing firm Robert Half International, has seen job markets of both extremes in his 35 years in recruiting: The ultra-low unemployment of the late 1990s, sky-high unemployment during the Great Recession and now back to a jobless rate of just 4 percent.
- The Latest on the British Open (all times local): 3:25 p.m. Kevin Kisner has dropped out of the lead at the British Open after a double bogey and a bogey in his first three holes.
- A Washington officer was killed Sunday morning when he was struck by a vehicle during a pursuit of a truck, police said.
- Rep. Trey Gowdy said that former campaign adviser to Donald Trump, Carter Page, was “more like Inspector Gadget than Jason Bourne or James Bond” after the Justice Department on Saturday released a set of documents relating to the wiretapping of Page.
- Jonathan Gold, who became the first restaurant critic to win the Pulitzer Prize for criticism, has died.
- New York is no longer the big cheese.
- A bill being negotiated in Congress would essentially end the Trump administration\'s direct supervision of an agency that oversees the nation\'s nuclear weapons stockpile.
- Former Senate Republican leader and presidential candidate Bob Dole turns 95 Sunday. He remains an example to our country and to the world.
- A worker’s quick-thinking helped several of his colleagues escape a California Trader Joe’s on Saturday during an hourslong standoff after a man held dozens of people hostage and killed a woman.
It looks to be a done deal. Almost 3-and-a-half years after an inmate riot forced the shutdown of the tent-city immigrant prison near Raymondville, the for-profit prison company that operated that facility has signed a contract to open a new detention center on the same site. Management and Training Corporation and the Immigration and Customs […]
(AP) – The U.S. Coast Guard suspended the search for a missing sailor Saturday evening on Lake Michigan, some seven hours after he fell off a yacht that had just started the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac. The sailor was identified as Jon Santarelli, 53, of Chicago. He fell off Imedi, a Transpac 52. […]
(AP) – Revelations that the most respected U.S. cardinal repeatedly sexually abused both boys and adult seminarians have raised questions about who in the Catholic Church hierarchy knew, and what Pope Francis is going to do about it. If the accusations against Cardinal Theodore McCarrick bear out – including a new case reported Friday involving […]