- Actor Steve Reevis, known for his roles in “Fargo” and “Last of the Dogmen,” has died.
- Police are responding reports of an explosion near New York City’s Port Authority during Monday morning’s rush hour.
- Southern California\'s largest and most destructive wildfire burning in the region exploded in size on Sunday into new areas, as the whip-whipped flames forced thousands of more residents to flee their homes.
- Hundreds of people have attended a commemoration ceremony honoring a Croatian general who died after apparently taking poison at a United Nations tribunal that confirmed his war crimes conviction.
- Have they or haven\'t they gone under the knife?
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday ordered his country\'s forces to begin withdrawing from Syria, saying the country\'s two-year campaign to destroy ISIS is complete.
- Three people have been arrested for allegedly throwing firebombs at a synagogue in the Swedish city of Goteborg, the second anti-Jewish attack in the Nordic nation in two days. Jewish groups condemned the attacks as \"unconscionable\" and demanded that authorities take action.
- China\'s auto sales were flat in November compared with a year earlier, leaving total purchases in the world\'s biggest market up an anemic 1.9 percent for the first 11 months of 2017, an industry group reported Monday.
- In many parts of the world the bicycle is the main means of transportation as people commute to work. Cycling, for many people, is a way of life, but it also has deep roots in military history throughout the world.
A state appeals court ruling has the Progreso school district, once again, at risk of being taken over by the state. The Texas Court of Appeals has issued a ruling siding with a Texas Education Agency decision to replace the Progreso school board and superintendent with a state-appointed board of managers. That decision was made […]
(AP) – A growing Southern California wildfire is threatening the wealthy seaside enclave of Montecito, where celebrities have evacuated estates perched on hillsides below heavy flames. Smoke shrouded Rob Lowe’s home and the actor wore a mask as he livestreamed his family leaving on Sunday. Lowe thanked fans on Instagram for their thoughts and expressed […]
(AP) – Iranian state TV says a 6-magnitude earthquake has jolted a western region near the border with Iraq. There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage from the temblor, which struck Monday near the site of a 7.2-magnitude quake that caused more than 600 deaths in November. Iran is prone to near-daily […]