- Just hours after announcing plans to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Utah, former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney took the stage Friday night in Provo to draw attention to a matter clear across the country: this week\'s massacre in Florida.
- Confidence in Baltimore\'s sworn protectors has badly deteriorated in recent years, but federal courtroom admissions about a range of criminal abuses by officers may be eroding it to rock bottom.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel wants the European Union to make progress on a common asylum system, warning that member states who expect financial support from the bloc need to show solidarity when it comes to migrants too.
- Matylda Jonas-Kowalik has spent most of her 22 years secure in the belief that she would never know the discrimination, persecution or violence that killed or traumatized generations of Polish Jews before her.
- The Latest on the Russian response to U.S. indictments (all times local): 3:45 p.m.
- Two giant pandas on loan from China have been unveiled at a zoo in central Finland and they have frolicked, galloped, climbed trees and played in the snow after a month-long quarantine.
- Pope Francis has revived his lapsed sex abuse advisory commission by naming new members, after coming under fire for his overall handling of the scandal and his support for a Chilean bishop accused by victims of witnessing and ignoring their abuse.
- I am so frustrated by the crappy Wi-Fi in my house. I try this and that, and nothing really works. Help me Obi-Wan Komando!
- Their fathers and husbands belonged to one of the most brutal militant factions on the planet, yet they have committed no known crime.
- Kamehameha School, a prestigious school in Honolulu, Hawaii, reached a settlement with the victims of decades of sexual abuse.
(Brownsville, TX) — A suspect from Mexico faces child pornography charges after a search of his cell phone at a Valley border crossing. Customs and Border Protection agents say they found images of nude underage females during a routine cell phone search at a Brownsville area international crossing. Investigators claim Gustavo Díaz admitted he downloaded […]
(AP) – President Donald Trump says “far-fetched theories” about collusion in the 2016 election “only serve to further the agendas of bad actors, like Russia.” Trump is reacting to news that special counsel Robert Mueller has indicted 13 Russians and three Russian organizations for plotting to influence the 2016 campaign. Trump says, “It’s time we […]
(AP) – Russian oligarch-turned-dissident Mikhail Khodorkovsky says he’s not interested in replacing Vladimir Putin as president. Khodorkovsky told The Associated Press in an interview Thursday that he might vote for TV star Ksenia Sobchak in next month’s presidential election – or cast a spoiled ballot. Khodorkovsky is barred from running in the March 18 vote […]